Wednesday, September 18

Ken the Webseries: Exploring Black Men and Sexuality



I'm always on the lookout for a new webseries that I can get into. Issa Rae has done awesomely amazing with the work she has done online so far, so I love spotting other talents.

I came across a new series called Ken the Web Series, that takes place in Brooklyn and shows the difficulties that a black man faces when he loves two very "different" people. The series explores issues of race, sexuality, secrets, religion and so much more.

So far, I've seen the pilot and it definitely looks like something I can get into because black men and their sexuality has such an ingrained preconception in our culture that it will be interesting to see how this series shows an alternative view. Episode two just came out as well so I'll be tuning in.

Let me know your thoughts on this new series!

No comments: